WhatsApp has long supported stickers, but when you wanted to make your own, it would always direct you to third-party apps. That is no longer the case on WhatsApp Web. You may use it to make your own custom sticker out of any image.
The messaging platform first debuted stickers in 2018, and since then, the network has continued to improve them by adding animations and sticker suggestions based on emoji. Stickers can be thought of as highly personalized emoji that allow you to convey far more than just a few basic emotions.
How to Design Stickers on WhatsApp
To get started, you’ll need to connect your phone to WhatsApp Web on your computer if you haven’t previously. You may begin generating your own stickers in the web app as soon as you have WhatsApp Web installed.
- Click the Emoji icon to the left of the text entry box, then the Sticker symbol in any chat (it should be the third from the right).
- At the top of the newly opened area, you’ll see a Create option, which you must select.
- Select an image from your hard disc to transform into a sticker using the now available system file picker.
- After you’ve chosen an image, you’ll be taken to WhatsApp’s image editor, where you can add emoji, stickers, text, and a drawing tool to your creation.
- When you’re satisfied with your work, click Save in the upper right corner. You may also use the Send arrow button on the bottom right to send the sticker to your contact right immediately.
You’ll have to go through some hoops to get your stickers onto your phone. WhatsApp does not automatically transfer messages from the web app to the Android and iOS apps at the moment, however, there is a workaround.
First, find a reliable contact and inform them that you’ll be using them in your sticker-making process. Send the sticker to your trusted contact after you’ve completed the steps outlined above. That can be done with as many stickers as you want. On your phone, open the conversation with your friend and tap on the sticker you sent them. In the dialogue, press the Add to Favorites shortcut and you are done!
Because personalized stickers are still relatively new to WhatsApp, there are a few limits to be aware of. Only WhatsApp Web will be able to generate stickers in November 2021, but starting in December 2021, WhatsApp will also make the feature available in the WhatsApp desktop versions for Windows and Mac.
We can only hope that WhatsApp brings custom sticker creation to phones sooner rather than later, as the procedure is now unnecessarily time-consuming. However, if you’re desperate to make your own stickers without relying on third-party programs, this is the way to go right now. This is just one of the many new features recently introduced by the Meta-owned messaging platform. WhatsApp has even enabled multiple-device support, users can now access their account from anywhere without being connected to their phone.